Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Making Friends With Frankenstein by Colin McNaughton

Well we have just finished a unit on poetry so some of you might appreciate this book of poetry. It is chiefly made up of humorous poems to do with monsters and just plain weird stuff. There are some very clever forms of poetry in this book. The Wild Bill Hickok Bird is probably one of my favourites. Another which I found very imaginative was:

IT WAS A DAY LIKE ANY OTHER IN FISHTOWN

"Spare a penny, mister?" said the sea urchin.

"Neigh!" said the seahorse.

"Outta my way!" said the mussel.

"Halleluiah!" said the angelfish.

"You'll get nothing from me," said the clam.

"Weeee!" said the flying fish.

"Woof!" said the dogfish.

"Shocking!" said the electric eel.

"Do you think I am made of money?" said the goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment