Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dandelion by Galvin Scott Davis & Anthony Ishinjerro


Dandelion, written by Galvin Scott Davis is fresh out on the market this year. I actually bought this book new as "Dandelion" was one of my nicknames when I was at matriculation college, and I was curious about it. The central and faceless character, Benjamin Brewster, likes to count things to try and put his mind at rest, and attends a school where bullies reign supreme. The central message is that bullying is done by people with no imaginations. It is  written in rhyming couplets and has unusual sepia tone illustrations and the white, block-letter  text leaps out of the dark pages.  

This clip by the author about the book is well worth watching. I bought the app and it's fantastic.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/protein/dandelion-bullying-is-for-people-with-no-imaginati

No comments:

Post a Comment