Monday, September 15, 2014

More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell


Thank you so much to my lovely neighbour Sonia for this humorous book. I really enjoyed reading it and even though some of the comments may be tricky for students to decode or fully appreciate I have taken this book to school for students to enjoy if they wish.  The illustrations serve well to illuminate the comments. One of my favourites is the following from a young girl in relation to a book in The Cat in the Hat series:




I firmly believe that each job comes with its own unique challenges and no-one really "gets it" unless they do that job. Only yesterday on a flight from Melbourne to Hobart an air stewardess was telling me a passenger got cranky because he wanted to store his luggage directly above his seat and asked very indignantly, "Who brought the bloody life raft on board?" I mean you just have to laugh don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment